The Second thing that I wanted to get done today was mounting my springs to the seat pan. So I measured and measured again, and again, but couldn't decide where I wanted to put the springs. So after some really good advise I was able to stick to a decision. The hash marks on the outside of the holes is where I was originally going to put the springs but I'm glad I was persuaded otherwise. As you can see I started with a pilot hole and moved up to the correct size bit, that's the only way to go.
It's getting closer and closer to ride time. The seat will have to get upholstered soon also I'm thinking something with SHOPS CHOPS in it. I'm also debating making SHOPS CHOPS T shirts, to be sold here at a reasonable price. Let me know what you guys think and I'll plan accordingly. Today I also worked a lot on the dummy oil thank that will hide all my wires but I'm waiting to make a little more progress on it before I put it into a post.
Here it is, holes drilled and carriage bolts installed ready for the springs. The carriage bolts will be covered up by the foam for the seat and upholstery, so I'm not to to worried about how it looks right now even though it does not look to bad.